Sunday, January 9, 2011

'07-08 Dump pt 2

More oldies...

"Broken Bones and Pinky Promises"

a sharp pain ripples through
like a fist squeezing my insides
so this is life without you
so this is life without you

I won't ask you to come back
I know it can't be done
is wanting you here with me
really so wrong?

this is not the end
I can feel it, I can feel it
more than just a friend
you can feel it, you can feel it

spiders made my heart their home
dark, damp holes attract them
I'm growing accustomed to being alone
the bright light distracts them

flood this basement with your love
or with whatever is lying around
my love is just waiting to erupt from underground
we'll be okay, love
we'll be okay


"Chronicles"

sand paper fingers clutch my throat
I claw at them for they are so cold
flesh tears, a scream stirs blood
but it came from inside the mirror
eyes wide, what have I done?
a whisper in my ear, "trial and error"
please stay at arms length
lean in for a kiss
I crumble under the weight
it bubbles the surface, temporary bliss
fleeting means it leaves
just as fast as it came
to the edge of the trees
the shadows hide my name
leave me! the command fills my throat
I hold on tight, too afraid to let go
fist spreads, invisible flailing
I wrench, morals I am purging
tell me I'm finished
that I'm wrong and need to meet my end
I'm a wretch, say it, spit in my face
but you won't, you keep me in my place
don't..
please don't...


"Tailors Make Great Secret Keepers [but mine knew too much]"

caulk my pores so nothing can penetrate
I'm made for light, but I fear I'm too late
these lies have corrupted my mind
too broken to protect what's inside
patch the ripped seams
don't you know what this means?
pull the thread through the eye...

reinforce these walls
whisper in your still small voice
tell me I'll make it out alive
reinforce these walls
whisper in your still small voice
promise me this time I'll survive

traitor! traitor!
I'm a mutineer with venom dripping from my fangs
chain me! chain me!
hold me down and suck the poison from these veins
the end is drawing near
there is nothing left to fear

that liquid you use burns my skin
but it's used to clean the stains within
my flesh bubbles, I bight to numb the pain
now I'm clean, I'm clean again


more soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment