Friday, January 7, 2011

Nothing But Love Here

“Nothing But”

I rise from the ashes that make this bed
Nothing but soil here, nothing but embers
I’m a prisoner held inside my own head
Nothing here but everything I can’t remember
My only source of light a flickering candle
This forest too dense to let the sun through
The darkness inside me is more than I can handle
Nothing to lead me, no way to find you
I have no warmth, no covering for this body
And the winters are so very cold here
My small feet are swollen and muddy
The only company to comfort me is my fear
No one will find me here, its better that way
I wouldn’t want you condemned to this hell
I know my scars would frighten you away
But I know I love you more than I can tell
A strong hand reached through the thorns
And thrust me into blinding light
Claiming you found what you’ve searched for
Like waking up from a pitch black night
You kiss my eyelids and restore my vision
Nothing but warmth here, nothing but sun
Behind me only fading memories of my prison
No longer will I ever have to run
But oh how I will run right for you
To nothing but your arms spread wide for me
With all I’ve learned, only one thing is true
You are my light, the very air I breathe
Nothing but love here, nothing but love
In this moment, I know what I am is enough
Nothing but love here, nothing but love
Everything you are, my dear, is more than enough


~RileyVelvet

No comments:

Post a Comment